Take an edX Course on “Menstruation in a Global Context”
The Gender, Adolescent Transitions, and Environment (GATE) Program at Columbia University led by Professor Marni Sommer has released an online edX course entitled “Menstruation in a Global Context: Addressing Policy and Practice.”
Details about the course can be found here.
The course is estimated to take 14 weeks to complete, based on 2-3 hours of work spent on it per week. It covers the following topics:
- Menstruation as a Public Health and Human Rights Issue
- Review of Menstrual Health and Hygiene (MHH) Evidence and Gaps
- MHH Programming for Adolescent Girls
- The MHH Experiences of Women in Low-Resource Settings
- MHH Policy and Advocacy
- MHH Response in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Inclusive MHH Programming and Policies
A limited version of the course is available on EdX’s “Audit Track” for no charge. According to the EdX pricing structure, a full version of the course – i.e., the “Verified Track” – costs $50 USD, which allows for unlimited access to the course, access to all course materials (including quizzes and tests), and can provide a certificate upon completion of the course.